Construct a diorama scene using Dragonball action figures. You are allowed to use any materials you need, with the restriction that your scene include only Dragonball figures, and at least one retail figure (customs are allowed).
Get creative! Don’t just arrange some figures on a desk, get out and build a backdrop! Find a place that looks like the rocky valleys where the Z fighters battle, and put together your scene there! The only limit to what you can use in constructing your scene is your imagination.
Once your scene is constructed, take a picture of it, and send it to us! You’ll find the submission guidelines and address below. Remember, digital enhancements are not allowed – if your figures aren’t suspended on wires or string, they had better not be floating in your final image.
- You must be a registered member of the Dragonballtoys.com Discussion Boards to enter the contest. Register for the discussion boards here.
- One submission per person. That means only one. Don’t send two or more. Just one. If you take multiple pictures, submit only one.
- Only action figures from the Dragonball series can be used, and any commercially available Dragonball figure from any manufacturer can be used.
- Custom action figures can be used, but your scene must include at least 1 unmodified retail figure.
- Backdrops/environments for the scene are not required, but are encouraged.
- Photos cannot be digitally enhanced. This includes adding characters, special effects, backgrounds, and anything else intended to enhance the scene beyond what was actually constructed in real life. Any submissions that have been digitally enhanced will be removed from the competition. This DOES NOT include digitally resizing, cropping, or formatting your image to match the submission guidelines, all of which is encouraged.
- Images must be submitted in the following format:
- JPG, 72dpi
- Image size must be between 500-1000 pixels wide.
If you are not familiar with digital imaging, please find assistance from someone who is. Images that are excessively grainy (such as those taken on a webcam), blurry, or out of focus will not be entered into the competition. Pictures do not have to be taken on a digital camera, scanned photo prints are acceptable for submission. If your submission does not meet these guidelines, or is judged to be unacceptable for any reason, you will be notified as soon as possible, so that you might try again.
All submissions must be made via the official contest submission form, here. All submissions received via e-mail or through other channels will be ignored.
We will be accepting submissions until July 31. After all submissions have been examined and cataloged, the winners will be chosen by a vote on the message boards. There will be two winners chosen. The first will be chosen by the message board community via a poll, the second will be chosen by the discussion boards administrator and moderator team. Administrators and moderators are eligible to compete for the first prize, but not for the second.
The following prizes are supplied by Action-HQ:
- Prize 1 (general competition): Set of 3 Dragonball Z Action Posed Figures EX Series
- Prize 2 (staff choice): Set of 2 12” Vinyl Son Goku and Trunks figures
Also, each winner will also receive an exclusive Toy Fair 2004 JAKKS Pacific Vegeta action figure with Chibi Vegeta. This figure is one of only 100 produced, and has already skyrocketed on the secondary market, making it quite hard to come by for non-attendees.